Boring toothpicks are so passe. They’re just very pedestrian (isn’t that such a delightfully snobby way of saying it?). I just think plain toothpicks look very “Fellowship Hall Banquet,” whereas something reusable is not only good for the environment but it also elevates presentation. You can still make swedish meatballs, but think of how elegant they’d look presented individually stabbed with one of these picks rather than in a vat of sauce in a floral crockpot.
1. Sleek and modern at cb2.com; 6 for $5.95 here.
2. While disposable, these are made from bamboo, a sustainable resource. And they’re cheap and look like you spent two hours tying little bamboo knots at the ends!
3. Talisman offers all kinds of different beaded tops on their picks here.
4. MOMA has sets of four of these for $15
5. If I don’t buy these first, you should check out these vintage picks. The packaging says it all- “gracious entertaining” Please excuse the crappy picture here. The website does it more justice.
6. And as always, check out Etsy for cute original ideas and inspiration to make your own!